Friday, October 23, 2009

Beatlemania



The recent reissue of “The Beatles” complete discography, remastered and revamped, caused a little bit of frenzy amongst the fans and general music lovers.




Because “The Beatles” are very dear to me (maybe my all-time favorite band, up there with Brian Wilson’s “The Beach Boys”), it is time to present my own selection of Beatles favorites: albums, tracks and members.


Here are my choices:


Top 5 albums:

1.       The White Album

2.       Rubber Soul

3.       A Hard Day’s Night

4.       Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band

5.       Revolver




Top 10 tracks: (this is a difficult one!)

1.       In my life (from “Rubber Soul”)

2.       The long and winding road (from “Let it Be”)

3.       I am the walrus (from “Magical Mystery Tour”)

4.       A day in the life (from “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band”)

5.       Here comes the sun (from “Abbey Road”)

6.       Cry baby cry (from “The White Album”)

7.       Eight days a week (from “Beatles for Sale”)

8.       Got to get into my life (from “Revolver”)

9.       I should have known better (from “A Hard Day’s Night”)

10.   Blackbird (from “The White Album”)


Favorite “Beatle”:

1.       John Lennon


2.       Ringo Starr


3.       Stuart Sutcliffe (the 5th “Beatle”)


4.       George Harrison


5.       Paul McCartney







No comments: