I am a diagnosed materialist and consumerist. No doubt about it.
But when it comes to Christmas I become a different person, despising the shopping madness and spending spree.
Make no mistake, I love shopping, just not at Christmas. This is a spiritual time. Leave your shopping for the other 364 days of the year.
Having said that, I am aware that most people like to offer or expect to receive beautiful and expensive gifts so here is a list of things I would consider offering.
1. BJames Dyson, the British designer who invented the bagless vacuum. The summer is just around the corner.
2. Limited edition Leica Camera by Hermès. Leica meets Hermès. Could you wish for more?
3. Hermès typewriter. Again, why would you prefer a computer when you could have this classic typewriter? Well, maybe because of gift number 6 below.
4. Chanel snowboard. If you like extreme sports with a touch of class and chic.
5. Gucci/Unicef limited edition "snowman in Africa" bags. You can have an exclusive Gucci bag and still help those who really need your help. Fashion grew a conscience.
6. The Beatles Remastered Catalogue USB. For the modern Beatles lover. Sadly you cannot connect it to the Hermès typewriter.
7. Woolrich USB pen. I'm going through a New Americana phase so, please, bare with me.